Welcome to Season 1, Episode 2 of the Blabbing Translators show!
Translators have to make all kinds of decisions. We have to choose between different areas of specialization, working with agencies or direct clients, ways to market our services and even languages we should learn. In today’s episode an Athens based English to Greek freelance translator and surveying engineer Sofia Polykreti, who has recently completed an MA in Translation Studies and also holds a BA in English Language and Literature as well as a Rural and Surveying Engineering Degree, shares what helps her in the decision making process.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Sofia managed to combine her passion for languages and an engineering degree
- How taking a different perspective can help us find solutions to our problems
- How being honest and clear about what you want can help you reach your goals
- How we can make the best of what we already have
- Why translation is an amazing profession that enables us to do what we love
…and much more!
Listen to the audio:
By the way, we’re also on iTunes! Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review!
Watch the video:
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and colleagues and see you next week!