Welcome to Season 1, Episode 1 of the Blabbing Translators show!
Balancing family life and work is never easy. Especially when you’re a mother of five starting to work as a freelance translator. This is why we were thrilled, when Kozue Macmichael, a Canada based Japanese to English translator specializing in medical translation, agreed to be our first guest and share her experience!
In this episode you will learn:
- How writing a guest blog post on raising bilingual children helped Kozue get her first agency client
- How studying a lot of languages can help you with translation and networking
- How agencies and direct clients react when you decide to take a break from translation to focus on your family
- How to balance work and life as a mother of five
- How raising kids can help you gain skills that will help you in your work
…and much more!
Listen to the audio:
<iframe width="676" height="400" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?visual=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi lose weight tablets.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F247594022&show_artwork=true&maxwidth=676&maxheight=1000″>
By the way, we’re also on iTunes! Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review!
Watch the video:
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and colleagues and see you next week!